Published Research for LeanIn.Org | May 2020 – Sept 2021
- Coauthor, 2021 Women in the Workplace Report (with McKinsey & Company) Conducted in partnership with McKinsey & Company, LeanIn.Org’s Women in the Workplace Report is the largest annual study of women in Corporate America, surveying over 65,000 employees and 400 companies. I managed analysis of 24 qualitative interviews, analyzed quantitative data, wrote endnotes and citations, assisted with data visualizations, and ensured data accuracy for interactions with press and media. I was the youngest of 12 report authors, a group including five McKinsey partners, Lean In’s CEO, and a Stanford expert in the field of gender research.
- Contributor, 2020 Women in the Workplace Report (with McKinsey & Company) Conducted in partnership with McKinsey & Company, LeanIn.Org’s Women in the Workplace Report is the largest annual study of women in Corporate America. As one of the youngest individuals to work on the report, I was responsible for analyzing raw data for the senior leaders section.
- Contributor, The State of Black Women in Corporate America Report I synthesized academic and non-academic data for the largest known study of Black women’s experiences in Corporate America.
- Contributor, Allyship at Work (with SurveyMonkey) In partnership with SurveyMonkey, I was responsible for helping design survey questions and interpreting the results from raw data. These findings were highly influential in 2020 reporting on allyship for women of color in the workplace.
Consulting Research for the Westchester County Climate Crisis Task Force | Jan 2020 – May 2020
As part of my role as Project Manager for the Columbia Capstone Consulting Team for Westchester County, I directed research on and mapping of community gardens by a team of four other undergraduate students. I also contributed to, edited, and formatted a consultancy report for the County and presented our findings on behalf of the group at the Earth Institute’s annual undergraduate research workshop presentation.
View Client Presentation Planting Westchester: Opportunities for County Support of Community Gardens
Consulting Research for the Center for WorkLife Law at UC Hastings Law School | Jul 2019 – Aug 2019
- Worked end-to-end on a consulting project exploring gender and racial bias in lawyers’ performance evaluations as part of larger internship under the supervision of Dr. Rachel Korn, Ph.D.
- Coded, analyzed, and visualized qualitative and quantitative data to reveal trends in biases and links between trends using Dedoose, Excel, and R
- Wrote summary report of findings and suggested new best practice recommendations directly to Center founder Joan Williams, a leading expert in the field
Internal Research for All In Together | Jan 2019 – May 2019
In 2019, as part of my internship with the nonpartisan nonprofit, All In Together (AIT), I researched and wrote an Executive Summary on the impact of age on women’s political and civic engagement. My conclusions were based on a review of existing literature and research, as well as my own analysis of AIT’s existing survey data.
Read the Findings All In Together: Gendered Political Engagement Across Age Groups
Research for Stanford Earth | Jun 2015 – Aug 2015
In 2015, I interned with Stanford Earth on the O’Donohue Family Farm, where I conducted research on plant cultivation. I displayed that research at the American Geophysical Union, an international science conference, as part of their Bright STARS program for high school students. Research conducted under the supervision of Dr. Jennifer Saltzman, Ph.D. and Erin Lence. Poster co-written with Krishna Ammini, Johnny Ho, Darren Lo, Claire Valva, and Adrienne Zhang.
See the Poster Economic and Biological Productivity of Compost-Potting Soil Ratios